Who are we?
Music and Gender in Luxembourg
The project, jointly supported by the University of Luxembourg and CID | Fraen an Gender, aims to research music history from a gender perspective. In cooperation with the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hamburg (HfMT), which has been in charge of the MUGI (Musik und Gender im Internet) project since 2003 (https://mugi.hfmt-hamburg.de/) as well as the Centre national de l’Audiovisuel and the Centre national de Littérature, we aim to:
- create digital collections on women composers in Luxembourg,
- provide material from various public and private archives in order to make it internationally accessible,
- create new archives and hold oral history interviews with female musicians,
- research this data and publish the outcomes,
- present the results in a multimedia form on the portal MuGi.lu and
- initiate pedagogical projects and new musical performances.
A first collaboration will take place in the framework of the European Capital of Culture Esch2022 mit Le Salon de Helen Buchholtz:
Programme (Sept-Dec 2022) and workshop for school classes (Oct 2022).
In a further step, the MuGi.lu editorial team will be used to incorporate French-language research – in collaboration with the Institut de Musicologie of the Université Sorbonne-Paris – into the MuGi database and to provide transfers between German- and French-language gender musicology.